Monday, August 22, 2011

2011 what's up!



So I do not think many people even read the stuff I write at erratic intervals, but I guess it is enough for me to share with myself and few passer bys.

2 years have passes since my last blog and ALOT has changed in the underground dance scene in India.
India is swarming with street dancers. One of my posts in 2009 was talking about one of the very first organised B-boy battles in India, and now in 2011 we had Battle Of The Year Qualifiers in Chennai in India. The crews have all amalgamated and dissipated and been recreated into a giant entity.

My friend Hera in Delhi, has started representing the B-boy scene out there getting attention and funding from the west , by sticking to his roots and representing the art form in its true essence.
The kids all over India are mobilizing and throwing events, jam sessions etc.
Documentary films are being made by the minute!
So as far as the B-boys are concerned the scene has exploded.

My partner Kundu is now a Judge on India's first street dance reality Tv show called Footloose that has introduced me to some crazy talented dancers like Sambo and Blaize! So inspiring and so young.

I started India's first All Girl Street Dance Group called Urbanista, and we have done 2 shows and have 4 shows lined up in the next few months.
www.Syntheskillz.com our dance community was born.. taking baby steps.

So things are moving fast.. until we meet again.

2 comments:

hdave815 said...

yo Priya - good shit yo! We are building a platform to empower all the core elements of the Hip Hop lifestyle in the Desi culture - www.desihiphop.com

soon to release - we would like to offer you the opportunity to contribute your thoughts, news, events, updates on the Bboy/Bgirl scene in Mumbai, India, Delhi, etc

get at me!

hdave@desihiphop.com

hdave815 said...

Go Priya!

Based out of North America, we're building a platform to empower the Hip Hop lifestyle in the South Asian culture to raise Awareness, Unity & Equality amongst our people.

We'd like to have you contribute news, events and the latest on the bboy/bgirl scene in India.

www.desihiphop.com is set to release soon with some major backers.

hit me!

Hardik Dave' aka iQ
hdave@desihiphop.com